Saturday 26 February 2011

Loss

You know what Tam, I am always losing things? One of the first days I came here I lost my way and went into the wrong room. There was a chap already there so I introduced myself and sat down. We sat there for what seemed like an eternity and then I noticed that he seemed to be looking for something in his pocket and he appeared a bit agitated. I thought he was looking for a pen but before I knew it he was all red in the face and was actually seeing himself off. I totally lost the plot and told him what a dirty bastard he was.

It turned out that he was, in fact, another patient who thought he had hit the jackpot when I walked in. Seemingly, the day before, he had suggested that, because of the very close relationship he had with his mother, he would expose more to a woman therapist. When his dad died his mum had made him sleep in the bed with her because she was lonely.
I only know all this because later on that day I found a notepad with all the information on it. You guys need to be more careful in here or it’s your jobs you will be losing. Actually, when I think about it, I should have been insulted because, according to the notes, I reminded him of his mother.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0054LNNIQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment