Thursday 6 January 2011

Bright Side!

Is it only me or can it be a mistake to always look on the bright side of life?

Having gone through my big toe operation I looked forward to a couple of weeks rest and the idea that others would be taking care of me warmed my heart. I was almost excited at the prospect. However, after two weeks of being alone most of the time and the house beginning to look like a scene from 'Statis House' my illusion is totally shattered.

Like Mrs Havisham I am wearing one shoe and have hardly changed my clothes because there is nothing really to get dressed for. Except that is, my visit to the hospital, which was a complete disaster as they have informed me that I have another month of feet up - doing nothing. The nurse must have thought I was off my head when she cheerily told me this and I burst into tears.

As I remain, by myself, in my decaying abode I feel betrayed by the very people I have looked after. It is as if time is standing still but my life is flashing before me and forcing me to rethink and reconsider who and what is important. What happens next? What does the future hold for me and my new foot?

No comments:

Post a Comment