Sunday 12 June 2011

Converted!

Tam, you'll never beleive the strange things that happen to me.

Yesterday I went into the local shop and asked the lovely 'Sam' if he had any Morton's rolls left and he told me delightedly that he had one left, 'just for me.'

He then went on to tell me how much he enjoyed them and ate one every day with crisps in it. I said to him that I did the same but usually put some cooked ham in mine and maybe he should try that. He gave me a knowing look and continued to talk about the bread rolls and their delicious qualities.

I stopped him and said that he didn't need to preach to the converted. He looked stunned and came round to the other side of the counter and gave me a hug telling me that I didn't have to pay for the roll and I could have it as a gift.

The next morning I was passing and his son Omar was standing outside and he called over to me;

"Welcome to Islam my friend."

Very strange indeed.

Rusty?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0054LNNIQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment