Friday 18 February 2011

Tears!

Tears are curious aren’t they and could be seen as a sign of weakness? They are the only things that come out of my body that I can recognise the taste of. I see no shame in licking them or just letting them drip onto a favourite shirt. You wouldn’t really want to do that with any other excrement would you? Well I would never, for example, drink my own urine and some people see the health benefits in that but then tears are not really waste are they?
Do you know that there are three different types of tears? There are Basal ones that we need to keep our eyes from drying out. If we didn’t have them it would be really uncomfortable because our eyelids would need to scrape up and down against our eyeballs every time we blinked. My God, could you imagine the discomfort; I mean life is hard enough without dry blinking.

1 comment:

  1. I don't want dry eye - or to drink my own urine. Do you know anyone who does that?

    ReplyDelete