Monday 12 July 2010

Periods!

Do you know that they can measure your menstrual blood? Well, women’s, obviously, not yours. After my visit to the hospital they told me that they would like to check how much I was losing each month. They can actually extract it from the tampons and towels. Isn’t that amazing?

What I was supposed to do was keep all the dirty towels or tampons and take them with me on my next visit to the hospital. Or they could simply be handed in to the reception with a name label on them. Not on each individual piece of protection you understand but in a sealed bag and the label goes on that.

Some poor soul then has the job of putting them into a solution that extracts all the fluid and, hey presto, it’s all ready to be measured. Isn’t that clever? Although imagine doing that eight hours a day, five days a week? They never talk about jobs like that when you visit the careers office at school, do they? You would never really take that kind of work home with you. Imagine. “Hello dear, just brought some work home with me from the office.”

No comments:

Post a Comment